Chicken with Zucchini and Herb Garlic Butter over Linguini
serves 2 (or three not so hungry people)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 medium zucchini
1 medium onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
2 tsp oregano
pinch of salt
pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
1 TB olive oil
1/4 to1/2 box of linguini
1 stick of butter
- dice or mince the garlic
- cut onion into 1/2" size chunks
- cut zucchini into 2"x1/2" slices and save on the side
- cut chicken lengthwise into 1/2" slices, then cut those into 1" chunks (the goal is to make them all close to the same size so that they cook at the same rate)
- sautee the garlic and onion in the olive oil in a medium to large skillet until the onion is starting to soften, about 5 to 7 minutes. stir frequently.
- add the chicken and basil, thyme and oregano and continue to sautee until chicken is nearly done, about 7 to 10 minutes. My chicken was still a little frozen so if yours is already thawed, it will probably only take about 5 minutes. stir frequently.
- add zucchini, stir and cover. Reduce to low heat. While it continues to cook, cook the linguini per the package instructions. After 5 minutes, stir the chicken and zucchini mixture and remove from heat, cover and let sit until linguini is done.
- Melt the stick of butter over very low heat in a small saucepan. Add a pinch of oregano, pinch of cayenne and 1/2 tsp of garlic powder. stir frequently. cut off heat.